Monday, October 26, 2009

Tips & Pointers on Yankee-Hating!


"I know I'm unloveable; you don't have to tell me.
Oh, message received; loud and clear.
...I wear black on the outside,
because black is how I feel on the inside." - Unloveable, by the Smiths.

My friend Chip D., a hardcore BoSox fan, offers up tips and pointers on Yankee-hating, based on three decades of oft-bitter experience! Stay tuned for more, hopefully! - sj

Tip/Point #1
They spent half a billion dollars to buy this year's pennant. Sabathia, Teixeira, and Burnett collected $500M in contracts last off-season. Remind Yankee fans that their team is a collection of mercenaries owned by a ruthless convicted felon. Envision your joy if - when! - the Phillies defeat them - like Washington bravely crossing the Delaware to take out that frat-party of complacent Hessians.

2 comments:

Lee said...

My team is a collection of mercenaries owned by a ruthless convicted felon?! AWESOME!!!

spacejace said...

totally Lee, I know. it's hilarious! Yeah, I think there's a good chance you'll get more of a kick out of these "tips and pointers" than you do annoyed by them. looks like they may be coming every day - 'tis the season!