Thursday, January 15, 2009

crossing fingers (to be on Survivor)...

Well, my application (a long questionnaire, 3-minute video, waivers and more, including pic above) for Survivor arrived safely at its destination in Santa Monica yesterday (newly-hyped "express mail" from the US Post Office - guaranteed by next day afternoon - is great by the way; tracking number included and markedly cheaper than FedX). Those who actually make it on the show have to make it through 3 rounds of cuts and interviews. It's a really, really long process, and the odds are stacked against any one particular person making it. I don't know how many people submit applications; 10,000? 20,000? Who knows? But I do know that only 800 make the first cut. Then in-person interviews take place in 1 of 10 cities; then they take 48 out of those 800, and fly them to Los Angeles for a week's worth of physical and mental challenges, a check up, and substantial interviewing. Then they settle on the 18 people for the actual show. I would never have applied for this show on my own, but after a couple of years of hearing from friends that I "have to," I obliged. Why not? Like I always say, "you can't win if you don't enter."

No comments: