Thursday, March 19, 2009

almost at the halfway point!

we're back at Brother Blair's house for "siesta." Heading out for 2nd part of day 2 around 8:15pm Central time. Primarily rock on deck for this evening, and then a little after midnight I'm taking off for Reflection Eternal, which includes Talib Kweli (formerly of Black Star, w/ Mos Def) and Hi-Tek, whiel Matt catches another act. Pete Rock was supposed to be at Scoot Inn at 6PM but scheduling got messed up and no one knew what was going on. Supposedly he's coming tonight to DJ for Reflection Eternal, which will be ridic. I learned that from a group of homies at Scoot Inn I approached: "so if y'all think I'm asking you this just because you're black, you'd be correct. What's up w/ Pete Rock?" They laughed and one of them said, "I was gonna ask you that!" ...so once we're back from tonight's shows, we'll be officially halfway finished w/ sxsw. It's been great so far. I feel like I'm gonna leave Austin the same way I leave Vegas. Toast. Burnt toast....when we're downtown, there are major network issues: some of my live blogging apps - if not all - don't send (tweets; email, et al). That's why there hasn't been as much of that as I would've hoped for. Whatever. New post w/ pics from today soon.

No comments: